A good piece of advice: if you have directions you probably should at least take a look at them while you are working on the project. I had the directions (found online); I even had copied down some of the directions into my notebook. Then I started the project and forgot all about said directions (which I had recorded a couple of weeks ago).
Can you see the problem here? (And no, it is not that the zipper is upside down-the directions did call for that.)
Well if you can’t tell, and it is kind of hard to with this photo, the problem is that I sewed up the holes for Little Monkette’s head and arms! Whoops! Thankfully it was easily fixed with a few cuts here and there. I have not gone back to finish up the edges around it yet (Fleece allows you not to HAVE to finish edges.) but I think I will. I am still proud of my creation but should have looked at the directions while I was doing it. If I recall correctly, this is the first thing I have done with a zipper. It is not perfect but it will do the job. I plan to make Little Monkette another one and hopefully make things better the second time around.